Due to member failing to fulfill the membership standard requirements set forth by IFMI or as a result from the investigation on valid reports against a member, IFMI may make decision on the membership status of the member which includes suspension or revocation of membership for very serious violations.
1. IFMI receives report or early evidence of violation
• IFMI receive reports against a member or IFMI finds evidence of a possible violation.
• IFMI informs the member on the impending investigation on the violation.
2. IFMI process the violation allegation
• IFMI Audit bureau, Ethical Committee or membership bureau conducts investigation on the matter and gather evidence.
• A hearing session with affected member may be required to clarify the issue.
3. IFMI makes decision
• IFMI Chairman makes decision based on investigation result.
• The member will be notified on the decision.
• Member may submit appeal to the decision to IFMI Board of Governors if the member is able to present new relevant evidence.
4. IFMI decision enacted
• The decision may be one of the following:
• Censure to the affected member
• Membership suspension
• Membership revocation