Professional Financial Modeller (PFM) is professional certification program which awards PFM designation for those who have attended preparation class and pass a full day single level exam. The curriculum covers the field of financial model, which deals with forecasting the future of financial condition pertaining to a company or project, preparing projection on company finances, equity and project valuation, feasibility analysis and risk analysis
PFM preparation and examination is a highly interactive program designed to deliver practical understanding on effective financial modelling. The program covers many subject areas and and through real-life case studies, the emphasis will be on practical approaches.
PFM Curriculum embeds new concepts and models which are not delivered in other modelling classes where some concepts are proprietary to PFM Program
PFM has adopted Sustainable Financial Modelling principles to ensure that a model developed has reasonable and adequate basis on model preparation process with emphasis on model reasonableness in the long run
PFM Curriculum is outlined in PFM Body of Knowledge (PFM BOK). There are two important aspects which have become the pivot points in the development of PFM BOK
– Focus on financial model sustainability
Financial models must reflect realistic future condition with strong common sense and avoidance of conceptual mistakes which may cause wrong valuation or erroneous decision making
– Valuation coherence with multiple asset classes
Financial model should not be developed in static or stand alone format, but rather be linked to the movement and valuation of other asset classes (Fixed Income, derivatives, property, currency, NPV, human capital and others) to enable greater understanding in regards with the dynamic change of asset valuation and more accurately measure the risk involved
PFM Preparation class is available as public lass and inhouse class. Number of delivery days will depend on discretion of local provider by considering several factor including the level of knowledge of the participants. The default delivery day for public class for practitioner or intermediate to advanced participants is 4 days
PFM Examination may be taken after participant fully attend full set of preparation program which may take 4 days or more depend on the setting of the preparation program conducted by offline training provider in your area
Participants will sit on a whole day examination, in which participants will face two sets of exam: Multiple Choice and Computer Practice Exam. Those who pass both exams will be awarded the right to use PFM Professional Designation which is administered by International Financial Modelling Institute
Benefits of taking PFM Program
PFM Program provides some notable benefits to Candidates:
- PFM Curriculum employs methods which will improve prediction and valuation quality
- Applicable to most industries
- The rigorous exam ensures that the participant knowledge retention rate will be much higher than non exam training. The exam also ensures that the designation holder already meets a certain standard. This is the key benefit obtained by companies who send their people to take PFM program.
- Full of spreadsheet based practice to ensure that the curriculum can be applied in real life situation.
- Participants who pass exam will be awarded Professional Financial Modeller (PFM) international designation.
- Access to financial modelling community.
- There will be no modelling software or third party service used or promoted.
Focus on core modelling skill